SEVERAL Home Hill-based sporting clubs have been successful in gaining grants totalling over half a million dollars through their own hard work and ingenuity towards their financial and developmental futures with announcements by government and business organisations of the allocation of grants towards the upgrade of their individual local projects.
The organisations include the:
- Home Hill Tennis Association who have been allocated $250,000 towards the upgrade of their toilet facilities
- Home Hill Community Sports Club, who will receive $159,850 and $2500 towards the upgrade of their bowling green as well as another project
- Burdekin Artisan Community Association Inc. who have been successful with two grant applications which will include building work to upgrade the inside of their premises at 170 Eighth Avenue, Home Hill, as well as the installation of air conditioning with funds granted from Pacific Blue’s Haughton Sustainable Communities Fund
- Burdekin Netball Association who have been successful in receiving several grants recently including $100,000 from the Casino Community Benefit Fund for lights and solar installations, $2500 from Active Clubs for training equipment and $11,000 from Bendigo Bank for training equipment
- Burdekin Brass Band and the Home Hill Choral Society who each received donations from Pacific Blue’s Haughton Sustainable Communities Fund, which shares the benefits of the Haughton Solar Farm with the surrounding communities.
Further stories throughout this month’s news edition!