Home Hill News

Final touches to new Home Hill Bowling Green

Home Hill Community Sports Club Bowling Green under construction

THE final touches are being added to the Home Hill Community Sports Club’s new bowling green after a $200,000 project to replace the club’s first synthetic green that had reached its use-by date.

The Club received a grant of $160,000 (plus GST) in June, 2023 in from the Queensland Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport, as part of the government’s Minor Infrastructure Program round one.

That amount covered 80 per cent of the total project cost of $200,000, with the Community Sports Club having to fund the remaining $40,000, as part of a 20 per cent co-contribution for the installation of the green.

While some games are being played on the new green, members of the Community Club are now adding finishing touches around the green to complete the work.